WHERE ARE WE GOING NEXT?
“In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”
Hiking and Yoga Retreat: May 5 -12, 2025
Join Jeni, Rocky and Sandi Koch on an adventurous hiking and yoga retreat in the rugged, unspoiled western Algarve region of Portugal.
Explore secret beaches, climb the tallest cliffs and hike the wild Algarve coastline; wander through local villages, and visit a 1000 year old castle.
Be awed by the sunset and stargazing on the Cape of St. Vincent, known as “The End of the World” because it is the most southwestern point of
Spend seven nights at Quinta Bonita, a beautiful retreat center located near the historic town of Lagos and the quaint beach village of Praia da Luz, and close to the best beaches and the most picturesque coastline in Europe. Perched high on the Algarve Coast with panoramic ocean views, Quinta Bonita is a luxurious eight bedroom country estate.
Surrounded by its own spectacular botanical gardens, singing frogs, cascading fountains and a sparkling pool, Quinta Bonita is the perfect oasis to relax and unwind after an inspired day of hiking. Practice yoga in either the yoga shala featuring Portuguese tiles and insulated wooden flooring overlooking the garden or in the shaded Santa Catarina tiled outdoor yoga terrace with a view of the ocean in the distance.
We welcome all levels of yoga abilities, including beginners. This retreat is ideal for those who love to hike. We incorporate yoga into our retreat to help our bodies both prepare for and recover from our hikes. Yoga practice also helps you stay calm and present while adventuring far from home.
As many of you already know, Rocky and I are foodies! That means the quality of the food on our retreats is very important to us. You’ll enjoy delicious, healthy meals prepared by Quinta Bonita’s talented chef. While the meals will be mostly vegetarian, there is an option for meat or fresh locally caught fish if you desire. The chef will incorporate fresh produce from Quinta Bonita’s own herb and vegetable garden and take advantage of wonderful local produce, as well.
What’s included on your Portugal Retreat
- Quinta Bonita Luxury villa for one week (7 nights – Monday to Monday)
- All bedrooms include a private terrace or balcony with table & chairs to enjoy views of the beautiful gardens or sparkling ocean.
- Sleep well and replenish your energy in heavenly beds with Egyptian white cotton sheets.
- Your private ensuite bathroom features a heated floor and fluffy bathrobes.
- Unlimited use of the Villa’s facilities: Swimming pool, gardens, lovely yoga spaces.
- Daily Hatha yoga (all levels welcome) with Jeni Martinez and Sandi Koch.
- Professionally guided hikes in Vicente National Park and surrounding area of the Algarve coastline.
- Excellent chef who will provide a healthy and delicious breakfast, snack picnics for our hikes and 3-course dinners (apart from one non-hosted lunch and one evening meal to enjoy at local restaurants)
- All food and non-alcoholic drinks (There is wine available for guests if you wish to purchase alcohol)
- Van and driver to transport us to the various trail heads.
- Unlimited use of the yoga space and all yoga equipment (mats, bolsters, bricks, blocks, straps, eye pillows and blankets- no need to bring your own!)
- Transfers from Faro airport, train station, bus station or city center to the Villa. Return from the Villa to Faro at the end of the retreat.
- House keeping
- Towels and beach towels
- Optional massages are available if scheduled in advance but are not included in the cost of the retreat.
- Limited to 13 guests
What’s Not Included:
Airfare and other transportation to and from Faro, Portugal; alcohol; optional massages; one non-hosted lunch and one non-hosted dinner; tips for guides, drivers and retreat center staff; travel and cancellation insurance (recommended).
What to Bring:
We recommend bringing comfortable slip-on shoes or sandals for walking around the villa gardens, supportive hiking boots, sunglasses, sunscreen, a bathing suit, a sun hat and a waterproof jacket. A full packing list will be provided.
Date of Retreat: May 5 -12, 2025 Sold Out!
Check in is at 4 pm on May 5, 2025. Check out is at 10am, May 12, 2025.
$3150 per person Double Occupancy Room
$3650 Single Occupancy Room (very limited)
$500 per person deposit to reserve your place
Final Balance due Feb. 5, 2025.
No Refunds after Feb. 5. 2025
Wow! This SOLD OUT quickly!