WHERE ARE WE GOING NEXT?
“Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.”
— Freya Stark (British explorer and writer)
PRAIA DA LUZ (BEACH OF LIGHT),
PORTUGAL HIKING AND YOGA RETREAT
Light up your life with an adventurous hiking and yoga retreat in the beautiful, unspoiled western Algarve region of Portugal. Join Jeni & Rocky Martinez for a seven-night stay in a yoga lodge located between Lagos and Sagres in the pretty village of Praia da Luz (meaning Beach of Light), close to the best beaches and the most picturesque coastline in Europe. With over 300 days of sunshine a year this is the perfect place for an autumn retreat in the sun.
On the edge of the protected Vicente National Park and within walking distance from the beautiful beaches, this spot is the ideal place to enjoy the many activities that make Algarve famous. In addition to hiking and yoga, other optional activities abound: kitesurfing, windsurfing, scuba diving, stand-up paddle boarding in the crystal clear waters and exploring the beautiful countryside.
We welcome all levels of yoga abilities, including beginners. This retreat is ideal for those who love to walk and hike. Explore secret beaches, climb the tallest cliffs and hike the wild Algarve coastline; wander through local villages, and a 1000 year old castle. Be awed by the sunset and stargazing on the Cape of St. Vincent, known as “The End of the World” because it is the most southwestern point of Europe.
Our Portugal Retreat Package includes the following:
- Luxury villa for one week (7 nights – Sunday to Sunday)
- All bedrooms include private en suite bathrooms.
- Unlimited use of the villa’s facilities: Swimming pools (outdoor and indoor), lovely yoga space, outdoor fun stuff (beach volleyball court, table tennis, SUP’s, hammocks, sun loungers, etc.), indoor games room with a pool table
- Daily Hatha yoga (all levels welcome) with Jeni Martinez, E-500 RYT
- Guided hikes in Vicente National Park and surrounding area
- Excellent chef providing a healthy and delicious brunch, snacks/picnics and 3 course dinners (apart from one non-hosted evening to enjoy a local restaurant)
- Fresh juices / smoothies daily
- All food and non-alcoholic drinks (There is a wine list for guests to choose from if they wish to purchase alcohol)
- A lovely half-hour full-body massage
- Van and driver to take guests on excursions during free time
- Unlimited use of the yoga space and all yoga equipment (mats, bolsters, bricks, blocks, straps, eye pillows and blankets)
- Transfers to and from Faro airport for everyone according to their flight times
- House keeping
- Welcome packs
- Bath towels and beach towels
- Limit 18 guests
The Yoga Lodge is colorful and welcoming and designed for your comfort and peace of mind. Each room has a private en suite shower and opens onto a terrace with direct access to the pool or sub-tropical gardens. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views across open countryside to the sea or to the Monchique Hills with amazing sunrises and sunsets.
The yoga classes will take place in a wonderful bright yoga space inside the beach house or on the lawn, weather-permitting. All yoga equipment will be provided.
Check in is from 3pm. Check out is at 10am.
Rocky and I are foodies! That means the quality of the food on our retreats is very important to us. Enjoy delicious, healthy meals prepared with fresh local ingredients by our wonderful chef. The meals will be mostly vegetarian or vegan with an option for meat or fresh locally caught fish if you desire. We use organic and local produce when possible.
WHAT TO BRING
We recommend bringing comfortable slip on shoes or sandals, sensible outdoor footwear for exploring the surrounding tropical gardens and national park, sunglasses, sun cream, a bathing suit, a sun hat and a waterproof jacket.
Portugal Yoga Retreat October 15-22, 2023 Sold Out
$2100 per person Triple Occupancy (very limited)
$2400 per person Double Occupancy Room
$2900 per person Single Occupancy Room (very limited)
$500 per person deposit to reserve your place
Final Balance due August 15, 2023
No Refunds after August 15, 2023
Price does not include: airfare, trip insurance (recommended), wine and alcohol, one dinner out at a local restaurant, gratuities for hiking guide or any service personnel, free-time activities like kitesurfing, scuba diving, surfing, windsurfing, etc.
See Terms and Conditions page for refund policy
WOW! This one SOLD OUT quickly!!
Please CONTACT us if you would like to be on the waiting list.