WHERE ARE WE GOING NEXT?
“And now, tell me and tell me true. Where have you been wandering, and in what countries have you travelled? Tell us of the peoples themselves, and of their cities—who were hostile, savage and uncivilized, and who, on the other hand, hospitable and humane?” The Odyssey
JOURNEY TO GREECE YOGA RETREAT
Journey with Jeni and Rocky to the lush island of Lefkada, Greece for the ultimate off-the-beaten-path yoga retreat.
Mimosa Retreat Center is a secluded and tranquil, Balinese-styled property on beautiful grounds with a panoramic view of the stunning, turquoise-colored Ionian Sea. You will start to relax with the very first breath you take!
Surrounded by ancient olive trees, Mimosa Retreat Center is nestled against the mountainside with breathtaking views from every inch of the property. The property features the main house with living room, dining room, TV room, and a fully-fitted kitchen as well as 5 separate guest villas with bedrooms, ensuite bathrooms and shared living rooms. Each bedroom has both A/C and a fan to keep guests comfortable in any temperature.
Linger over fresh and delicious chef-prepared vegetarian or pescatarian meals at the dining table overlooking the pool. Restore your sense of harmony and peace meditating in one of three outdoor pavilions with views of the many smaller islands dotting the sea.
Owning to the discovery of a prehistoric city and circular tombs from the same period, Lefkada is thought by some to have been the homeland of Odysseus, the wandering Greek hero from the epic tale of the Odyssey. Join us for our own epic exploration of secluded beaches, hidden coves, waterfalls and inspiring vistas. In addition to yoga, this active retreat features hiking, sailing, snorkeling, biking and an island jeep tour.
Curious about the property?
Visit their gallery page
Designed by famed Italian architect Giovanni Bellagamba, this retreat center offers a blend of spacious rooms and inspiring views. The design features original custom-made Balinese doors, water-features, and furniture that offer the perfect combination of luxury and relaxation.
The yoga shala is situated away from the main communal areas and guest villas in a grassy area surrounded by olive trees and offers uninterrupted peace and quiet. The floor space is shaded and is a generous size allowing 20 mats to fit comfortably. The shala comes fully equipped with yoga mats, straps, blocks, and bolsters so that guests do not have to bring their own.
On the estate’s spacious and immaculately kept grounds, guests can enjoy seclusion in one of three meditation pavilions or can relax around the lagoon-style infinity pool. The Mimosa Retreat Center is walking distance to the lively town of Nydri where plenty of shops, bars, restaurants and water sports can be found. The nearest beach Perigiali is either a 15-minute walk or a 5 minute drive away.
Enjoy this video of Mimosa Retreat Center
What’s included in the Journey to Greece Yoga Retreat
- Pick up and drop off at Aktion airport (4:00pm pick up September 9 & 17, 2023 and 11am drop-off Sept., 16 & 24, 2023) *For those who can’t make these times, private transfers can be arranged for an additional fee
- Private Double-occupancy bedroom with King or Twin beds and ensuite bathroom (A Single Occupancy room may be available for an additional charge of 500 euros one month before the retreat if there is still room in the retreat)
- Daily Yoga classes designed for all-levels by Jeni’s Global Yoga Trips
- Lululemon 3 mm Yoga mats and props (straps, blocks, blankets and bolsters)
- Hair dryers and world-renowned KORRES bathroom amenities in each bathroom(dermatologically tested and suitable for all skin types.)
- Fresh, healthy, Greek-inspired breakfasts, lunches and dinners (pescatarian and vegetarian) with the exception of one non-hosted dinner off-site to experience a local Greek restaurant.
- The Forgotten Island Sailing Adventure on the MS Cristina, a 20m twin-masted wooden sailing boat including snorkeling in hidden coves, buffet lunch and wine (All day)
- A 4 x 4 Land Rover tour of the island including a Greek-style brunch on a secluded beach (6 hours)
- A Stand-up (or sit down!) Paddle Board Tour to a remote island near Nydri (3-4 hours)
- A Bike ride to Nydri Falls, a must-see island favorite (2 hours)
- A Lefkada to Melissa Gorge Hike to take in the vistas (3-4 hours)
$2895 per person Double Occupancy Room (Limited to 16 guests)
$500 per person deposit to reserve your place
WiFi is available at Mimosa Retreat Center but can be intermittent due to remote location
Please note: Due to the outdoor nature of the excursions, all are subject to change or substitution depending on weather conditions. For the most personal experience, the excursions, with the exception of the sailing adventure, are offered in groups of 4-8 at various times during the week so that all can participate. All activities, including yoga, are optional.
Not included: Airfare to Aktion Airport. (Recommend flying directly to Aktion from London, England. Flying into Athens will require a 4 hour bus or coach ride). Transportation to the retreat center if you do not coordinate your arrival time with group pick-up. One non-hosted dinner at a local Lefkada restaurant known for exceptional Greek food. Travel Insurance. Tips for staff and excursion guides. Alcohol. Any activities done on your own in Nydri during your free time.
Final Balance due June 24, 2023
No Refunds after June 24, 2023
Greece Yoga Retreat September 17 – 24, 2023 Sold out!
Final Balance due July 1, 2023
No Refunds after July 1, 2023
Final Balance due June 7, 2024
No Refunds after June 7, 2024
Wow! These SOLD OUT quickly!
Please CONTACT us if you would like to be placed on the waiting list.